Thursday, April 15, 2010

"I'm Lieblingsstücke"



Paris, Milan, New York - where designers and top models are at home. But our beloved cathedral city has plenty to offer. In particular, young designers also make it the fashion metropolis of Cologne. The X-Scouts talk to them. Today: Lena Schröder (25) from the "Trinkhallenschickeria.
Fashion is your job?
Lena Schröder: Yes and no. I'm studying fashion design and designing my own clothing as a hobby.
What inspires you? My environment and my daily life. Garage sales, toys and much more.
What will you say with your fashion? Have fun! Not everything in life so take it seriously ...
Is your fashion particularly sporty or classic? In any case, sporty and comfortable. I do mostly shirts that may well become a favorite piece. For everyday, forever.
How is a fashion? "Very spontaneous. Since the label did not originate with a concept, there is no right line. It is very personal, because what I have just swirling in my head, is made. To create unique pieces and limited editions only.
Have you always been a fashion freak? "Umm, sort of. I grew up in Aschaffenburg, and first came into contact with a sewing machine when I sew with my grandmother's doll clothes. Now I have been living for 4 years in Cologne. When I get home, I just meis least desire to sew. Oh yes, I work at home.
Where do you see yourself professionally in a few years? Hopefully not in a Änderungsschneiderei ... Our own shop would be a dream. Best in a free-standing pump room!